This statement was last updated on April 2018.
Why do we collect your personal data?
When joining Hoxby individuals are required to complete an application form. This helps with assessing and onboarding new individuals into the community, and setting them up operationally.
How will Hoxby use the personal data collected about me?
Hoxby will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in line with the new General Data Protection Regulations. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, secure and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Hoxby is required to keep certain information in accordance with the law and industry practices for tax and audit purposes for a certain period of time.
Sharing your information
We will never sell your personal data to third parties. However, we will share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our service to associates once they become a part of the community.
- Companies that help run our business; payment service providers and application platforms,
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
You will be able to manage your application data once registered. If you have provided consent, we will send you updates by email to keep you aware of what we’re up to. If you no longer wish to receive this information, please unsubscribe via the link at the bottom of the correspondence or by contacting the DPO@hoxby.com
Your information and Countries outside Europe
We do not share data outside of the Europe unless the third party is GDPR compliant. We strive to protect your data as if it was our own.
Cookies – How we collect and use your information?
What is a cookie?
Hoxby uses Google analytics and cookies: A cookie is a small piece of text that is sent to your browser by a website you visit. It helps the website to remember information about your visit, like your preferred language and other settings. This can make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you. Cookies play an important role.
What type of cookies do we use?
There are three main types of cookies – here’s how and why we use them.
- Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features.
- Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality.
- Customer preference cookies – when you are on the website, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.
Your rights as an individual
You have the right to understand what information we hold about you and how it is processed. You can request the following information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Officer
All requests should be sent to the Data Protection Officer DPO@hoxby.com